Stephane Humbert Lucas' "Taklamakan" is a unisex Eau de Parfum that offers a unique olfactory experience. Here's a detailed description of the fragrance:
Fragrance Family: Oriental Woody
- Bergamot: Taklamakan opens with a burst of zesty bergamot, creating an initial freshness that grabs your attention. This citrusy note provides a bright and invigorating start to the fragrance.
- Rose: As the scent evolves, the heart notes of rose make their presence felt. The rose in Taklamakan is often described as velvety and lush, adding a floral and romantic dimension to the fragrance.
- Incense: Incense plays a prominent role in the heart of the fragrance, lending a smoky, resinous, and spiritual character to the composition. It adds depth and complexity to the scent, creating an alluring and mystical aura.
- Oud: Oud, also known as agarwood, is a luxurious and precious wood note that is often associated with the Middle East. In Taklamakan, it contributes to the woody and oriental facets of the fragrance, enhancing its richness and longevity.
- Sandalwood: The base notes feature sandalwood, which adds a creamy and smooth texture to the scent. Sandalwood is known for its warm and comforting qualities, and it helps to anchor the fragrance, making it long-lasting.
- Vanilla: Vanilla adds a touch of sweetness and warmth to the base, providing a soft and inviting dry-down to the fragrance.
Overall Impression: Taklamakan by Stephane Humbert Lucas is a captivating and evocative fragrance that transports you to the heart of the desert. It is a harmonious blend of citrusy freshness, floral elegance, and oriental richness. The interplay of rose, incense, and oud creates a sensory journey that is both intriguing and enchanting. As the fragrance dries down, the sandalwood and vanilla add a comforting and sensual touch, making it suitable for both day and evening wear.
The fragrance is unisex, making it versatile and appealing to a wide range of individuals who appreciate complex, oriental, and woody scents. Taklamakan is known for its longevity and sillage, meaning it can last for hours on the skin and leave a memorable trail wherever you go.